Here at Web Casino Guides, we want to lead you along your journey of adventure, so we created a guide to walk you through online gambling casino terminology. You may stumble across a few terms which are particularly new to you and we wouldn’t want you to miss out on a deal simply because you are a new player. Each term will become more familiar the more you visit insanely wild online casino dens! We wouldn’t want you zoning out staring at a slot game wondering what a bonus game is as an additional feature. No, we want you to be looking at our bonus options and knowing what to go for, when to grab the bull by the horns and when to take advantage of a great opportunity. Because that’s what we at Web Casino Guides do for online players.
Online casino games pack a punch but you don’t need to take one with all the new lingo, we’ve got your back!
We are about to equip you with all the casino terms you need to sound like a seasoned professional online player, because that’s how we roll! Check out our list of hip gambling words and be in the know with our personalized online glossary guide fellow WildTornado goers!
Basic Online Gambling Terms
Betting terms may be intimidating at first and you may find your web browser open on search, so we compiled a list of gambling terminology to simplify your life, allowing you to spend more time playing your favourite slot or table game at some of the fabulously wild online casino houses.
- Balance: The amount of money you have in your online casino account.
- Bet Max/Bet Maximum: A slot terminology when a player bets the largest amount allowed.
- Bonus / Sign up Bonus / Welcome Bonus: An incentive offered by a casino usually in the form of money, free spins or a combination of both.
- Cashback: A casino bonus offered in terms of a percentage of your losses back.
- Classic Slot / Fruit Machine: Slot machines representing fruits and number 7s. One of the more popular video slots genres.
- Deposit: The amount of money a player needs to use in order to access real money online gambling games.
- Free Spins: A term used in a slots game to award players with free turns at no additional cost.
- High Roller: A player who makes large deposits in order to win higher amounts.
- House Edge: The casino’s average profit from the players bet, usually expressed in %
- Jackpot: A term of the highest amount paid out from a casino game.
- Payline: A slot terminology used to describe the lines which are active and form winning combinations.
- Payout Percentage / RTP: Return to Player, the percentage a slot machine pays out on a win.
- Progressive Jackpot: An amount or win paid out to slot players which continuously grow upon each deposit made.
- RNG: Random Number Generator is what generates winning numbers and deduces who has won, the casino or the player.
Wild Symbols, Scatters, and Multipliers: Special symbols used in online video slots to help players from winning combos.